The New Zealand Esports Federation (NZESF) was incorporated and formally established as a non-profit society in March 2016.
The NZESF is a member of the International Esports Federation and shares it’s core objectives.
The NZESF objectives are:
- To promote participation in esports in New Zealand
- To advocate for the recognition of esports as an indoor sport in New Zealand and inclusion in the Olympics
- To promote the social, health and educational benefits of esports
and video games for youth and the wider community
- To promote a healthy and balanced lifestyle for esports participants
- To act as a regulatory body for esports events and competitions in New Zealand
NZESF has an executive committee of six people.
All members of the Executive are elected annually at the AGM and work on a voluntary basis, with core services are contracted out.
Our aim is to promote esports and encourage members to host events that will enable promising gamers to gain competitive experience for other national and international events.